There are two ways to participate in the Renewable Gas Certification Pilot:
- as a renewable gas producer (Producer)
- as a certificate trader or gas retailer (Trader).
The roles are explained in the Pilot Rules and it is possible to be a Producer and a Trader at the same time. You can find detailed information about the application process for Producers and Traders in the Participant application guide available here.
For Producers, the main application steps are:
- Meet with the GreenPower team early to discuss eligibility requirements and how the certification can support your project.
- Once your project development is progressed, you can submit an application. The application needs to include a range of documents, such as a life cycle assessment report to calculate project emissions, company information and your plan for energy and water uses. The application form for Producers is available here.
- We will assess the project’s eligibility and notify applicants of the outcome within 4 weeks, and let you know if further information is needed.
- If your project is approved, you will get access to the certificate registry and can start creating certificates for the renewable gas produced by your project.
For Traders, the application is simpler:
- Complete the Trader application form available here.
- Meet with the GreenPower team to discuss any product design questions or other clarifications.
- If approved, you will be issued access details for the certificate registry and can start buying, trading and retiring certificates.