GreenPower has updated its Program Rules
Version 11.0 of the GreenPower Program Rules has been published as the latest rules for the program. These rule changes mainly maintain GreenPower's alignment with a range of sustainability certifications valued by GreenPower customers.
What are the program rule changes?
1. Alignment of GreenPower and CER generator accreditation dates to remove some administrative burden and make it easier for GreenPower customers and providers to buy GreenPower Large-scale Generation Certificates (LGCs).
2. Introduction of a 15-year age limit for renewable generators participating in GreenPower, with some limited exemptions, from 1 January 2024
3. Bringing renewable generation and customer energy use closer together through the introduction of a 27-month certificate vintage requirement on LGCs applicable to all GreenPower sales from 1 January 2024
4. More granular reporting of GreenPower uptake by GreenPower Providers from Q1 2024
5. Minor administrative changes which are now in effect - including minor changes to GreenPower's mission and aims, modernisation, changes to some definitions and clarification of fees.
More information is available in this detailed update here.